Search

Saturday, January 23, 2016

A snowy Saturday in the South

Ahhh here we are---January 23, 2016 and about 5 inches of snow on the ground.  Bug was diagnosed with strep throat on Thursday, so yesterday we just ended up hanging out at the house.  My boss' are amazing, and called me and said with her being sick and the impending weather (the snow didn't start until about 11 a.m.) for me just to stay home.  Bug slept most of the morning, and since I didn't get much sleep Thursday night checking on her, I napped, too.  Tucker (our 11 month old cockapoo) decided it was as good a time as any to take a nap with Mommy and Sissy so he did.   I did let her bundle up and go out to the snow with Tucker, and they stayed about 5 minutes.  She is now laying on her bed watching videos on Youtube.  The Hubs had to go to work this morning....sometimes you gotta do what you don't want to.  At least his direction of travel is a direct shot unlike the hills he used to have to travel.  I've cooked breakfast, scrolled through Facebook, and watched Food Network. Such an exciting Saturday!  I'm not a fan of being out in the snow...I prefer to look at it through the window which is exactly what I'm doing.

I did see a cardinal this morning...it came and perched on the porch railing.  It wasn't the normal solid red like you normally see....this one had some gray and black on it.  It was beautiful.  I have heard that a cardinal is a loved one that has passed coming by to say hello.  So when I saw it I smiled, said hello, Tucker barked, and it flew away.

Update on weight loss:  I lost 3.4 lbs this last week which makes a total of 41.1 lbs since August.  I still have a way to go, but I'm happy where I am at the moment.

 




0 comments:

Post a Comment