Search

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Craptastic

I don't even know where I first heard that word...maybe I made it up. I really couldn't tell you. Oh well. That just kinda describes Sunday. I totally forgot about working childcare Sunday morning. Just totally flaked on that one. Then, two men that I used to go to church with as a kid died yesterday....one hit me worse than the other because I grew up next door to him and his wife. I have lots of childhood memories....and most include them. His wife passed away a few years ago. It's inevitable I know. Two things are for sure death and taxes. It still sucks though.
RIP Jim & Lillard :o(

I love (ugh...hubs just hit me in the arm for the 3rd time - he's asleep - doesn't even realize he did it but it totally throws my thought train off track....I wonder if I punch him in the nose and pretend to be asleep if it will work....ok...back on track now) where was I? Oh yeah. I love facebook....it has reconnected me with people that I never thought I would talk to again. I mean these are the never in a million, don't know where they live, don't know if they remember me people. Anyway, they are all faces from the past. Isn't it strange that someone you haven't talked to in say 10 years, 20 years, etc. and you can talk to and it's like no time has passed at all? I LOVE THAT! I mean situations are different now than they were then, but it's nice to know that you do have people you can share that with.

I have a terrible habit of connecting songs to people.
  • For example: Richard Marx's "Hold on to the Nights" Memories from a Middle School Dance - you know who you are so there's no need to name you here.
  • Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting" & Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" & "Without You" - First boyfriend...long distance deal.
  • Journey's "Open Arms" - I listened to it every time I talked to ___ on the phone.

Richard Marx was the bomb when I was growing up. That hair...that voice...*sigh* Don't laugh - you know you thought it too. Do any of you do that or am I just crazy? Wait. Don't answer the last part of that question.

I was sitting here earlier thinking about changes I want to make to me. You know, you can kinda feel craptastic after thinking about it. Then what to my sleepy eyes do appear? A tv program about how they choose the cover for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Are you KIDDING me? Ugh - that's all I need. I rectified that situation really quick and turned it to Food Network. Shut up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment