Search

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I wonder....

If I ever cross your mind....It's a quarter after one...


I'm not going to break into Lady Antebellum here. I'll save my screechi...er...singing :D for myself. I haven't told you about my musical tastes have I? Sit back - grab a drink - and read. I love music. I'm not musically inclined in any sense of the word, but music is a HUGE part of who I am. Lady Gaga, Bee Gees, Cher, Theory of a Deadman, Tonic, 3EB, Lady A, Josh Turner, Kid Rock, Saliva, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Metallica, Timbaland, Rob Thomas, Journey, Foreigner... That just barely scratches the surface of my listening habits. I can listen to just about anything. Oh! I like my music loud, too. Especially, if it's fast, has a good beat, etc. You hear that strange noise coming from behind you - yep, it's probably me. I don't do it when Leah's in the car though. She loves music, too. She gets it from her Moma!

My mind is going in so many different directions. I'm trying to figure out if and when I want to make a job change. The thought scares me senseless. I have been extremely spoiled in my current job. If I need time off, need to leave early, etc. it's not been a problem. I just know that I'm not going to have those same liberties when I go to work somewhere else. I know that part of me just needs to jump in with both feet and go for it. Time will tell I suppose.

I'm so tired of the news. It reminds me of that song from the 80s by Anne....something or other called "Good News". Couldn't we all use a little good news today? Everything on the news is so depressing. Politics, earthquakes, finances, YUCK! Throw in something good - i.e. how the local Boy Scout troop collected xxxx number of cans for the food pantry. Something. I guess that's why I keep the tv on something else besides 2,3,4, or 5 at 10 p.m. Life can make you crazy and depressed enough without the media telling you something else to make it worse.

Amish people. Hmm. You know their life doesn't sound half bad some days. Yes, I'm a little attached to my cell phone, my laptop, tv, blue jeans lol, so I don't know how long I would last. But to really be able to appreciate things again for what they are....that would be nice. You know how when you're a kid and you learn/discover something new and it's the greatest thing out there. We don't really get to experience that kind of joy as an adult. I think we've taken alot of things for granted. I guess that's where my girl comes in again. I get to experience things again through her eyes and watch her discover things. I have to say being a mom rocks.



0 comments:

Post a Comment