Search

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do You Know Who I AM? -- The Book

I cannot tell you the number of times throughout the book, I have thought to myself “that’s me!!” I read Angela Thomas’ latest book and I love it. She goes after those questions that so many women (and probably men, too) have and after the question is asked - God answers. Can’t you just see God putting His arms around us, giving a big hug, and time after time telling us – I am who I say I am. These are the tough questions…these are the questions that I wouldn’t feel comfortable going to just anyone and asking. It’s nice to know that God is the I AM that we need. He’s always going to be there.

Every chapter Angela has written is a wonderful reminder of just who God is. There’s nothing that He can’t (or won’t) handle. I think sometimes I forget that. One line caught my attention. Well, MANY caught my attention but this one stuck:


"A woman can forget about the riches she has received
because she has grown accustomed to their presence.”

Whoa. I’m so guilty of that. I get used to the way things are and just go with the flow until something shakes the way – then I “get out of the fog” so to speak and see what’s around me.

I hope that you will pick this book up for yourself. Read what God says. I’m sure there is at least one chapter that will hit you where you are. Many hit me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment