Search

Monday, April 5, 2010

Here comes Peter Cottontail....

Easter has come and gone. We had a great weekend. I got off work early Friday, went to get Leah, and we headed to Wal-Mart. Chaos! I really didn't think it would be that busy on a Friday afternoon at 3 p.m. but it was. We got what we needed (including a Smithfield ham!) and headed out. We didn't go to the Tenebrae Service Friday night. Our Tenebrae service is people reading Scripture, it's dark, and after the Scripture is read someone hits a metal piece that sounds like the nails being struck as they are driven into Jesus' hands and feet. Very moving time.

Saturday morning - we got up and got dressed and headed over to church for the Easter Egg hunt. Leah did fairly well, but wanted to socialize more than hunt eggs. I can't imagine where she gets that from. She won 2 prize eggs and shared one with a younger friend. She got a lamb that plays "Jesus Loves Me." I love it myself. That afternoon, we started cooking. I sliced the ham (more on that later) and sprinkled brown sugar on it and let it sit. We made a new recipe with the potatoes instead of having mashed potatoes as usual. I used rosemary, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano, and Italian seasoning. Basically I used whatever spice I could think of that I had LOL. I put some vegetable oil in the bowl and mixed it all around. John peeled the potatoes and I diced them up. Mixed them all together with the oil and such and baked them. Yum! They turned out better than I expected.

Saturday night, I "helped" the Easter Bunny put Leah's basket together. She got a bunny, 2 books "Jonah and the Whale" and "Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors", and a white chocolate Cross. Sunday morning, John had to be at the 8:00 a.m. service to sing (Good job honey!) and so he went alone. He came back and we were ready to go to Sunday School. My mom was off work so she got to go too. We went to SS then to church and had a great service. We are so blessed with the Pastors we have and the church family, too.

We had lunch with my mom, Hubs' mom, dad, and brother, and Ma. We had a good time and after we all ate and got really sleepy, his family left and the rest of us took a nap. Naps are good.

Now, more on the ham. I am a HUGE fan of Smithfield hams. No, not just because Paula Deen is the celebrity endorsement for them (but that helps! LOL). They just have a better flavor than any of the others that I have had. Best part - they are pretty inexpensive. A 10 lb ham was $15. Spiral sliced, bone in....yum!

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter. I'm going to try to add pictures to the next blog post. We'll see how that goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment