Search

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Can we say bummed?

I got a message on Facebook earlier from my aunt. She was telling me that my other aunt was in the hospital and it wasn't looking good. At 6:30, she called me and let me know that my cousin had just called her and told her that Aunt Bessie had passed away. My heart is so heavy. I know that there is a time appointed for everything (it's in Ecclesiates) and I know God has all our days planned. But still...it sucks. A little background...these are technically my great aunts (my grandmother's sister and sister-in-law) since my mom is an only child. My grandma (Ma) is one of 6. Wilma, Louise, Frank, Ma, Bessie, and Jimmy. Ma was 11 years old when my great-grandmother passed and my Uncle Jimmy was 9 months old. My aunts Wilma and Louise had passed away before I was born. Uncle Frank died in 1986 I think. Uncle Jimmy - August of 2009 and now Aunt Bessie.


12 days ago, my aunt Bessie's granddaughter was murdered. Yep, you read that right. Murdered. By her husband....her correction officer husband. She was 28 years old. Now, my cousin Jackie is not only still grieving the loss of his daughter, but the loss of his mom. :o(

So, needless to say this isn't my typical post. Hopefully the next one will be better.

1 comments:

NoNo said...

Shelly I am sorry for all of your lose. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment