Search

Monday, June 13, 2011

Zumba Take 1

Tonight I stepped out and went to a Zumba class.  I had originally planned to go last Thursday to another one, but I chickened out.  Did you hear the clucking on Thursday? Yes, that was me.  I beat myself up pretty bad for not doing it.  I was bummed out because once again I let insecurity and fear of laughter talk me out of something I really wanted to do.   A post on Facebook got my spirits back up.  I have great friends (but that's another post altogether). Tonight I went though...and it was fun.  Now, I have to admit I spent the first 10 minutes or so watching the instructor and laughing at myself.  If you've never watched/participated in a Zumba workout session -- Go to youtube.  There are ways that this body of mine doesn't move (well, it may move just not well).  The only thing that kinda bugged me was that I was in the front. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR - THE FRONT? Yes, I was in the front. 
I am not a front row person.  Especially during something like this...just stick me in the back and I will be fine.  Anyway, back to my story.  There was a girl 2 rows behind me and she had her cell phone in her hand.  Now, she was probably texting or checking her fb or whatever - but immediately I thought "Oh my stars - she's taking a picture of my big ole butt and is sending it out to the world." So, I almost told her where to stick her phone.  Then I started thinking - you know what - if she wants to get a kick out of me doing Zumba then I hope she got a good shot.  Heifer. 
Anyway - I had a good time. I did sweat.  I did laugh. I do believe I will go back again on Thursday.  Besides, gotta learn these moves....Dancing with the Stars may want me one day ;0)
~Shel

1 comments:

Ladiebug said...

That's awesome! I am so glad you went!! Way above me that's for sure!!

Post a Comment