Search

Friday, June 3, 2011

Just a .8!

I have a new follower (Hi!!!).  I'm excited!  I love my little blog and I'm going to try to visit it more often.

This past Monday (5/30) I did my typical Monday morning weigh-in (I need a clever name for that) and I lost .8 lbs.  I struggled with that .8? That's IT?!?!  Ok...breathe, breathe....it's a loss.   That's 9.4 lbs in 3 weeks.  I'm not starving...I'm eating healthier choices.  BUT it's JUST a .8!!!!  I don't know if you've picked up on this yet (ha!) but .8 just wasn't cutting for me.  Soooo the negative self-talk started. "See, I knew you couldn't stick with it"...."See, this is going to take forever"....you get the picture.  For some reason though - this time I'm not giving up.  The negative self-talk (please tell me I'm not the only person who has this) pops into my head occasionally but for the most part I've smacked it down.  I'm not listening this time.  This time there is someone else involved.  This time there is a little person that needs me.  I'm not saying that Hubs doesn't need me, BUT he's grown and he can take care of himself.  That little 2 1/2 year old blonde hair, blue eyed blessing needs her mommy.  She needs a healthy mommy.  She needs a mommy that can run, play games, and interact; NOT a mommy that sits on the sidelines.  I know I said that before in my post, but I mean it.  And the more times I say it - the more it's going to motivate me to do something.

I also have another little game plan going.  You ready for this? Are you sure?
I am going to complete 20 miles in the month of June.  Ok...wait...don't faint...it's ok...deep breaths. There that's better.  Yep, in the month of June, I am going to (walk, jog, etc.) 20 miles.  More if I can.  We shall see.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend...and leave me comments....I'm a comment junkie LOL
~Shel

3 comments:

Ladiebug said...

I hear ya about a small weight loss. I usually get super sad and quit. I always struggle when I work so hard for a little bit of a loss! But next week I guarantee if you stick with it you will lose more!
I do the negative self talk to myself as well. I always figure it was some wrong choice I made for myself. Usually it's because I didn't exercise! I love your idea of setting a goal for how many miles you will move! I am so going to have to do that! I lost 13 lbs making healthier choices since Feb and then it haulted when my obgyn told me I had a uterine fibroid that they wanted me to have a hysterectomy! I did research and now am on something that is suppose to shrink it. I am finally starting to feel better so I am so going to jump on the get myself moving more wagon!!! I love your blog decor!!!

Sarah said...

NO worries! We all have that small, yes SMALL, voice that tells us we can't. I am learning how to shut it up though... Last night when I was running it was saying, "You cant do this. You're too fat. Tired, aren't you? Stop. It hurts. You can stop. It's okay." BUT I KEPT RUNNING! Woot! Mind over matter...

You and I are working towards the same goal. I am doing this for myself, but also for my son, who needs me more than ever. It's SO motivating!

Sarah @ Thinfluenced

Jen said...

I know you can do that 20 miles if you put your mind to it .. I'm rooting for you.

And yes, this is going to take forever, you didn't put this weight on in one weekend.. but one day you'll look up and realize how far you've come .. and you're gonna be so proud of yourself!

Post a Comment